Heaven’s Best Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning knows that spills happen. Here are some tips on how to successfully removing stains.
- Step 1: Act Quickly, although most carpets have been treated with a stain guard, however this does not mean that they are stain proof. The long the stain sits the more likely it is to become a permanent part of your carpet.
- Step 2: Blot, don’t scrub or rub the stain. Rubbing can cause the stain to spread and scrubbing can cause pile distortion. Use a white cloth of paper towel without printing. If the stain is semi-solid, scrap off excess with a spoon.
- Step 3: Before using any stain removers pretest in an area that is inconspicuous.
- Step 4: Apply a small amount of cleaning solution to a rag and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Step 5: Work from the edges to the center, this will reduce spreading.
- Step 6: Be patient, it may take several applications of cleaner to remove the stain.
- Step 7: Rinse area thoroughly to remove any residue, blot with a cloth until the solution is removed. If not completely removed the residue may attract dirt.
- Step 8: Apply a 1inch layer of paper towels to the area and weigh down, change paper towel as needed until spot is dry.
James B. Bonner III, Owner
Heaven’s Best Inc.
Heaven’s Best Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning Specialists
Heaven’s Best Inc. is a USMC Disabled Veteran Owned and Operated Company Proudly Serving Northern Virginia. Please check our many Google and Yahoo Reviews … visit: